Do you believe you can make a difference? Can you help change and improve an individual's life and future? Can you help create a meaningful and productive purpose for a person with developmental disabilities?
If you answered yes to the above, then you are ready for the challenge as well as the rewards. PARC, an agency serving individuals with developmental disabilities, is seeking motivated, team players to join our expanding organization. Our programs and services help make the difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
Want a career as a direct support professional? Check out this video.
Working at Putnam ARC: The primary mission of Putnam ARC is to empower individuals to achieve their highest quality of life. The most critical resource we have to accomplish this task is our employees. No support and service PARC provides can be implemented without the assistance of competent employees who are physically and mentally prepared to carry out this tremendous responsibility.
Job Benefits for full time employees:
- $50 Sign-on Bonus
- Paid vacation accruable to 15 days per year;
- 3 accrued personal days;
- Paid sick leave, accruable to 13 days per year;
- Fully paid individual LTD and life insurance;
- Eligible for participation in agency medical and dental plan both individual and family, with small employee contribution.
Current Career Openings:
Physical Therapist / Preschool
NYS Licensed Physical Therapist to deliver therapeutic services to special education preschool students during six week summer program. Part – time consultant position for summer with possibility of continuing into the fall.
Job Type: Part – Time
Days: Monday – Friday 9:30am – 2:30pm
Location: Preschool, Mahopac
Anticipated start date: July 3, 2017 – August 11, 2017
Comments: Two half days per week
Job Coaches at PARC provides structured intervention techniques to help participants learn to perform job tasks to the employer's specifications and to learn the interpersonal skills necessary to be accepted as a worker at the job site and in related community contacts. In addition to job-site training, job coaching includes related assessment, job development, counseling, advocacy and other services needed to maintain employment.
Applicant must have experience working with people with developmental disabilities. Candidate should have knowledge of employer performance expectations and employee behaviors. New staff will provide individual job coaching and will work as part of job coaching team. Skills needed in position: The ability to teach, write progress notes, computer usage, writing, communication and organizational skills. Candidate work be a liaison between agency and businesses.
- One full time 40 hour position
- One full time 35 hour position
- Driver License (2 years or more)
- High school Diploma or equivalent
Application Support / Systems Administrator
Job Description: The Application Support / Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Agency applications, hardware, software, and peripheral support to staff in all Agency locations and Collaborative locations. Requests for support are submitted and responded to via phone, email, or in person. While reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and IT Manager this position will also work closely with all members of the IT Department on Agency and Collaborative projects, while ensuring the smooth operation of the systems.
The Application Support / Systems Administrator will facilitate Agency applications and software to meet end user goals and efficiencies. The role will require being able to get different applications to interface with each other which is not always handled by external vendor application support.
- College degree in computer-related discipline or 4 years relevant working experience in related field
- Knowledge of MS operating systems required. (Windows 7, Server 2008)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of various desktops and related equipment (fax machines, mobile devices) required
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and SQL
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell
- Knowledge of creating and managing databases
- Knowledge of the following Agency applications are a plus: SunGard/ IEP+, Accumedic, (Kronos, Office 365, Meraki)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Access to manage data, create reports, pivot tables, export, import
Maintenance Worker / Driver
The seasoned Maintenance Worker will perform all phases of building maintenance including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electric and paining. The Maintenance Worker will also need to provide assistance in various maintenance of department functions and tasks.
- Working experience as a Building Maintenance Worker or equivalent
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Driver License (2 years or more) / CDL or able to be CDL trained
- High school Diploma or equivalent
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) at PARC assist individuals with developmental disabilities by providing assistance with daily needs and activities that are essential to reducing the effects of a handicap and/or disability experienced by the individual. Examples include helping with the individual on work skills, basic education, cooking, and hygiene skills.
Putnam Valley, NY
Required License: Driver License (2 years or more)
Required Education: High school Diploma or equivalent
With our competitive salaries and outstanding benefit package, PARC can be a positive and rewarding career opportunity. You may print an application from our Website or obtain one from our main office.
If you would like to download our job application, please click here (Adobe Acrobat PDF document). You must print it and fill it out as well as sign it for it to be accepted.